Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Product Review - Nextar Solar Bluetooth Car Kit NXBT-001

I drive, I work, and I don't like wires. When I saw the Nextar Solar Bluetooth car kit (NXBT-001), I got pretty excited. At $29.99 & free shipping it seemed too good to be true....and it was.

The device was easy to set up. It came with a "quick-start guide". (I love those). It took a charge pretty quickly & paired with my Blackberry Storm 9530 with no problems. Unfortunately those were the only things that worked well with it.

The volume rockers were not where the guide listed them. The device only has about 30 minutes of talk time (far too little for an average work day), & the speakerphone is so quiet that even with the car windows rolled up, no a/c or radio, I still had to really strain to hear the other person.

One other thing: after leaving it in the sun (it is a solar device after all), the faceplate curled up & melted halfway off of the device. Now this I could totally understand if my car was in the Arizona desert or something, but it was in the WNC mountains on a day where the high was not quite 80 degrees. Go figure...

I really really wanted to like this device. I hope I can find something out there that will actually work soon!

Bottom line--don't waste your money on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment