Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hello New Kitty

Thursday my plans to foster a cat for the office fell through at the very last minute. Afterwards I stopped by the local animal shelter. I wish I could help them all! Too heartbreaking. I left, not knowing what to do. There was one kitty there--a 7 year old female, that had records showing she had been to the same vet that I use. I went to the vet's & they told me the whole sad story. This kitty belonged to an older couple. When the wife died their daughter moved in & brought her own cats. For some reason the daughter then took this cat to the shelter. Maybe it's because she's front paw de-clawed? I don't know. At any rate, my vet said she was in good health. I decided to pick her up on Saturday. I found myself with a few extra minutes Friday & stopped by to get her & boy am I glad I did...I am pretty sure they were getting ready to euthanize her.

Man, the whole subject is depressing. On the bright side, there is a new kitty to keep me company at the office now. She seems to have a very quiet gentle nature. She was scared to death when I first picked her up (I would have been scared too). Taken out of her home & put in a cage for six weeks is enough to freak any animal out. Even though she was scared, at the vets offce she didn't try to bite or fight at all. She's been here about two hours now & is starting to walk around the office exploring.

I'll keep you posted on her progress.

Oh, the name on her adoption card is "Patches" but she hasn't confirmed that with me yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment