Monday, May 11, 2009

Star Trek Movie

After seeing Star Trek twice this weekend (instead of posting a review like I promised, I went to see it again), I still want to see it one more time. It was that good. Yes, I'm a Star Trek fan from way back but if anything, that makes me more picky about the fare I'm served at the theater.

This movie had alot of action from the very beginning, excellent special effects, & a storyline that matched the pace of the movie. I was entertained & that says alot. An additional benefit has been the intense conversations with other trek fans via email, in person, & on the I-boards.

There were only a few moments that something didn't exactly feel right for me during the film--the skydiving scene, Scotty's alien sidekick, & the whole Spock-Uhura relationship were a bit...questionable.

As of Sunday afternoon there were over 8000 user reviews posted on Yahoo! it was graded "A" by overwhelming majority. The Critics were also pretty kind, giving it a B+ (probably would have been an A if Roger Ebert hadn't tried to pick apart the science presented in the film).

The audience was as enthralled as I was & seemed reluctant to leave when the credits finally rolled at the end.

I want one of those motorcycles!

No comments:

Post a Comment