Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hendersonville Restaurant Review Binion's Steakhouse

Well, Ol Bob is right, it really is the best steak in town. It's also one of the best salads as well. I decided to review my last meal there, even though I've been going there since it opened several years ago.

One thing I like about Binions is that it is very consistent. I always know what to expect. The staff is cheery, if you come between 12noon & 1:30 pm or between 5:30 & 7pm, it will be crowded--count on a wait in the evening. There are barrels of roasted peanuts sitting around to get you through the wait.

Binions has a gambling/old west motif. Kind of what you expect at a steakhouse--rough floors, red-checkered tablecloths. The staff is uniformly cheery.

I ordered a sirloin, house salad, steamed veggies, & unsweetened tea. All came out quickly & they got the order right. Come to think of it, I can't remember them ever making a mistake on my order. Nice.

The Binions house salad is so good. It's not made with that "bag o salad" stuff that I can't stand. You know--stale lettuce, purple cabbage, & little carrot sticks. Yuck. The salad had fresh lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, onions, & the best blue cheese dressing in town. It's probably PYA or Sisco but I don't care--it's good!

The steak was tender & cooked exactly as requested. The vegetables were...well they were vegetables. Nothing especially good or bad there.

The tea didn't taste like it had been made yesterday. I really don't like skanky tea & have been known to send it back.

It's nice to have a good mid-priced restaurant that is consistent. I know what to expect from Mr. Quattlebaum's restaurants & that is important to me.

Now if we could just get him to take that damn music off of his website! It messed up my mp3's when I was trying to get the link for you : )

2 comments:

  1. I have lived in Rosman my entire life and my in laws have lived here off and on for years. They moved back to South GA last year but each time they visit we meet them at Binions in Hendersonville for dinner the first night they are in town. We LOVE the food there and last time we had the best waitress ever. My nieces and nephew were tired and cranky from riding all day and she cheered them right up. Great review for a great restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I still love the food there after all this time : )

    ReplyDelete