Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mediacom is now Morris Communications

Well, Mediacom is out of here. Morris Communications bought mediacom's WNC holdings last February & are promising better service, more local hires, better customer relations, you name it & they're going to do a better job of it.

Of course as far as I can tell they've never actually owned a cable service before but hey, why should that stop them? Well, the whole bankruptcy thing with the Morris Publishing division is a bit of a bummer but why worry about a little $9.7 million payment till it's due again? (April 24th). After all, they got one extension, getting another one should be no big deal. By the way, the $9.7 mil is just the interest payment. The total debt is reported to be $278 million. But why worry?

Truth is, I really do hope they do well here, because what's the alternative? I have too many trees in my yard to use satellite...

Here's the local number: 828 697-1371

1 comment:

  1. Well the light switch has been flicked on and
    Morris Communications is the new game in town. Bye Bye MediaCom.... Bye Bye love.

    Since this momentous event:
    1) My internet at my home has been sketchy and slow at best if not completely off all together and
    2) My DNS server for our company website has been
    blocked by our premium up-stream provider's lack
    of attention to its persistent IP customers,
    resulting in our online invoicing system being
    shutdown... who needs money anyway?

    I for one will be demanding a refund for this
    month's "no service" (September 2009) only because they cannot seem to even answer their phones. I guess all circuits are busy... I wonder if they bundle their services too... hmmmm

    Their billboards around town say "Change is in the air" --- I was wondering what that odour was.

    ReplyDelete