Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Win Win

How's this for saving $$ ?

Randy & I have lived in the same place since 1995 & have had our electric bill averaged since 1997. Since that time we have been able to monitor our consumption pretty closely.

Last fall I decided to put out a small clothesline--the kind that is shaped like an umbrella. I did it for environmental reasons. What I didn't anticipate was how it would transform laundry from a ho hum kind of thing into a fairly enjoyable experience. Funny how little I actually used to go into my own backyard. It's kind of nice out there : ) So I consider it a lucky side effect to doing laundry now. I watch the birds & squirrels (of which there are many), I check out the backyard plant life--doing pretty well this year, & I get a bit of fresh air at the same time. Not to mention that our clothes smell great too.

Here's another benefit--we got our new electric bill average & we're actually going in to the year with a $500 credit! That's pretty good don't you think?

I love a win-win situation!

2 comments:

  1. ooooohhhhhh. Our house has a clothesline on the back porch. I'm considering using it this weekend :) The husband would be SO excited if we saved money! Getting out in our back yard is no problem - we actually spend a good amount of time out there.

    but your post does make me want to go buy another clothesline for the side yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a bit nostalgic about the mid-70's when I was hanging diapers and wash out by my veggie garden for the same reasons you cite, plus the reasons of missing my kids. Oh, and Duke refunded more than $65.00 last week on my account... C U round......:)

    ReplyDelete