Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's That Time of Year

My nose begins to itch, my eyes get watery, & my head swims with congestion. Yep, tree pollen time. It starts around Hendersonville in February & goes straight through till May.

The area we live in gives us a great diversity of plants & trees & all manner of growing things--most of which produce some sort of pollen. After the initial onslaught of tree pollen I can look forward to all manner of plants that will clog up my sinuses & make me miserable from the neck up.

I'm told to stay out of the outdoor air, keep my car windows closed, dry clothes inside in a dryer, etc., but how can a person live here in Western North Carolina & not go outside to enjoy the weather? That's one of the prime reasons for living here.

So it's medicate or be miserable for me.

Weather.com lets you check the pollen count by zipcode. It will even email you when the pollen count is getting mid-range to high.

Here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment