Monday, March 23, 2009

Restaurant Review Umi Sushi Hendersonville

My friends & I went to the all you can eat sushi night at Umi's in Hendersonville last night. The food was good as usual but they could have done a better job of crowd control. When it's an invitation-only event & you are paying a pretty good price ($25 each + tax, tip, drinks) you really don't want to have to wait in a line for 10 minutes with a paper plate like you were at a BBQ fundraiser.

We had a good table but I pity the folks who were in the main dining area--the restaurant created a buffet line at the sushi bar & when everybody showed up at the same time the line ended up snaking all through the dining area. Folks sitting there had to be a miserable trying to gobble down dinner with all that noise going on, people staring down at their food, faces right at butt level, etc. I wouldn't have stayed if I had been seated there.

Now before you get on me for hating Umi's let me just tell you that it is my favorite Japanese restaurant--bar none. Every other time I've been there the service has been great & the food (all of it, not just sushi) has been fresh & tasty.

I think next time they have an "invitation only" sushi night I'll decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment