Thursday, October 29, 2009

You Capture---Autumn

Last week's "You Capture" theme was Technology. No problem for me, as I am a bit of a tech geek, & always have a few tech items laying about to give my opinion on. Gadgets are cool, tech is here in many corners of my life, blah blah blah...

This weeks "You Capture" theme is autumn--my most favoritest time of the year. (that was a quote from my nephew) & that is a bit of a challenge. How do you take a picture of a season?

Here in the mountains of WNC autumn does not creep in, no, it sashays right into our eyeballs & stays there for a while, demanding attention. No peeping pastels (spring), lush jewel tones (summer) or quiet neutrals of white & grey (winter). Nope, fall in Appalachia is loud & glorius & earthy. The air gets really clear, the sky gets really blue, & it all serves as the perfect backdrop for firey yellow, orange, & red. Autumn asks us to get outside & kick some leaves....

I can't capture the whole season with a little cell phone camera but here are some pictures I've taken in the last week or so. Click on them for larger version & feel free to use them if you need them. Hope you enjoy : )


These started out white & are getting pink-ish

An angry leaf


Doesn't the birdbath look like it has fire under it? Those are hostas.



This is last year's pic--at the Smythfield Burying Ground in Southport. I know I should be only posting recent images, but this is traditionally my week of vacation, & my mind has been on last year's outing...


One last memory of last year's vacation. Even the beach looks different in autumn.

Your turn! Head on over to Beth's blog & rake in some real talent...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Love all the color and different perspective on the subject! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Is the leave angry for having got caught? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that beach shot; very unique.

    Debra at aphotographicmemory.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete