Thursday, October 22, 2009

You Capture...Technology

I love reading Jaimes blog. Jaime you are so creative!

Anyway, lately she has been posting something called "You Capture" & I asked her about it & found out that it originates with a blog called "I should be folding laundry" & it would be ok for me to give it a try. I think it will be fun. So here goes with this week's topic: Technology (I think I can handle that one...)



This is a reflection of my buddy Gary looking into a mirror. The mirror has a TV built into it. It's only about 2 inches thick & the picture quality is excellent. I'm not sure why anyone would want that, though Gary was quick to point out that if you spend alot of time in the bathroom this could be really...good. I asked the salesperson (we were at Salon Blue Ridge) how much it cost & she said it was around $3000. Well then, moving right along...


This is a picture taken in the lobby at Morris Broadband in Hendersonville yesterday. As you can see, the internet is down...


This is a picture of the computer tower that I am using to post this. It's an A+ A380 by XClio & while it looks really cool, I am not going to recommend it. The fan on the side was so loud that it just overpowered the room, that is for the 3 months the fan worked...customer support is non-existent for this product.




This piece of work is my lynx point very spoiled kitty Vena...enjoying the IMAX: Dolphins movie from Netflix last night. She loves it when I have a long project in front of the computer...& yes, she is that spoiled. I tried to tell her she could hurt her eyes but she insists on sitting close so she can reach out & swat the screen from time to time...

And finally, here's a blast from the past & my favorite piece of technology today:


Not only does this qualify as cutting edge "Green Tech", it will also help you burn calories & save money at the same time! I love it when tech actually works the way it was intended...oh, your clothes will smell really good too.

Now it's your turn. Head on over to Beth's blog & get creative! Here's the link to the "You Capture" challenge. Enjoy!


PS - I took all of these with my Blackberry Storm...

13 comments:

  1. I want that mirror with the TV. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to You Capture!! What an awesome debut for you!! The only reason I would want one of those mirror TVs is because, really, they are so cool. But would they really serve that much of a purpose to shell out $3K??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know but it was amazing watching Gary become immediately glued to it right there in the store : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mirror/tv is crazy! Nice shots and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mirror/tv combo! perfect! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That mirror with the TV. Wow.
    And Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need that mirror/tv! Great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that mirror is amazing! WOW WOW WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think those mirrors with the TV are pretty cool. They actually have those in the bathrooms at a McDonald's near me. Why? I have no idea! Cool captures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the combination! The mirror/TV is the ultimate in expensive, decadent technology, and the clothes line is ancient, affordable, and genuinely affordable "technology"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such nice quality photos - all of them. I love that you try to warn your kitty not to sit so close and I love your last "very green" technology shot the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, welcome to You Capture! i love the mirror/TV, but i sure couldn't justify it - lol! and i recognize that "internet is not working" sign - boy, do i! great pictures :)

    i didn't post this week, but feel free to come on over anytime and visit me in The Shadow of the Cross :O).

    ReplyDelete
  13. A tv mirror? Oh my!

    I must say that it was not as pricey as I had imagined it to be.

    ReplyDelete