Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anyone Have Ideas For A Class?

I teach at Blue Ridge Community College & the money I make is what I use to buy Christmas presents with. The problem is, since the economy tanked, classes are way WAY down & most of them are not even getting enough students signed up for the class to make.

I am trying to figure out some new courses to teach & need to turn in my ideas in one week if possible. The courses could be as short as 4 hours or as long as 16 weeks. They do not have to be all business-oriented. I am comfortable teaching business people, but also enjoy teaching seniors, computer newbies, or downright geeky people.

I am thinking about resurrecting some old classes-- "Wild Wild Web", "Realtor Web Savvy", "I Hate My Computer", etc. I am definitely going to offer Business Blogging, Web Marketing, & "Making Every Penny Count (coupon class Merle & I have been working on).

Any other ideas? Seriously, what would be fun & interesting to learn about? My email address is: wncwebgrl@gmail.com

Thanks for your help!

1 comment:

  1. Alicia, I think BRCC is not the force in this area that it should be. It is easy to overlook. I have signed up for a couple of classes in the past only to have them cancel with a refund. I don't even look anymore. Bill

    ReplyDelete