Thursday, February 19, 2009

You Better Back That ____ Up!


I'm talking about your data of course. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Today I went in to the office prepared to be Little Miss do-good & diligently work on a report to blow the mind of my newest-biggest client at our first meeting tomorrow. I worked (diligently as I said) & in the process had three or four windows open in both monitors. I had auto-save on in the first file but forgot to set it in the others.

75% through the report & my computer decided that it was working far too hard & wanted to take a little vacation. It did this in the form of a meltdown. Eventually it just decided to reboot.

Now being married to one supertech & sister to another, I'm just not used to hardware that quits on me. It feels rotten--how do other folks put up with it? I'm not trying to be a snob, I'm serious here. Needless to say I spent the rest of the afternoon & evening getting the machine ready to go bye bye until it gets out of hardware rehab. I think it's the CPU but don't know for sure.

Back to the subject. Backing up saved my butt. Hope you're doing some backing up of your data too. If you're confused about the process, or just want to gripe about hardware, feel free to do it here. I can now commiserate fully.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment