Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hendersonville Little Theater

Henderson county is very lucky to have the state-sponsored Flat Rock Playhouse here. The quality of the offerings from that venue can't be debated, although I'm watching to see how it does without Robin at the helm. My fingers are crossed that they won't become so demoralized they fall apart.

We also have the Hendersonville Little Theater. It's been around since 1966 & is currently in the old barn on State Street. I was there last night & it occurs to me that this organization has managed to provide some pretty high quality offerings without the state's dollars. They are gearing up for the '09 season & from what I saw it will be a good one.

Beginning March 6th - 22nd is "The Kitchen Witches", a comedy about two "mature" cooking show hostesses who hate each other (fighting over a man!) but find each other working together on the air.

I love a good comedy. Tickets are $14 for adults. Considering the price of tickets at the local movie house, I think that's a pretty good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment