Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My First Not-So-Good Restaurant.com Experience

Wow, I actually love eating at the Stir Fry Cafe. I met Tom there around 6pm. Tom put the Restaurant.com certificate face up on the table so they could see it before we ordered. It's just something we do to make sure the restaurant can let us know if it won't be honored.

We were both really hungry & were glad to see that they had a special on sushi on Tuesday nights. We ordered & when it came time to pay the manager came over & told us that since we ordered sushi & it was on special that they couldn't honor the Restaurant.com certificate. Bummer.

Oh well, he was pretty nice about it. I didn't feel like making a fuss since it generally never accomplishes anything constructive anyway, but I did think I should let you all know what happened.

I wish they had handled it differently--maybe told us before we ordered the sushi.

1 comment:

  1. I had a BAD experience with Stir Fry Cafe. May never go back. Service was bad and the food was over salted. Really, really salty. With the bad service, we still got charged the 18% gratuity (and we were the only customers in the place.) I couldn't find the manager to complain before I left.

    ReplyDelete