Thursday, January 8, 2009

Word of the Day

The word of the day is simplify.

I was talking on the phone today with someone who read last night's post & wanted to know why a techy person like me wouldn't buy the gadget I wrote about. Aside from the fact that when (not if) it tore up it would take about 10 functions away till it got fixed or replaced, the fact is I didn't like it because it was just too much. What I mean is I don't like tech that adds complication to my life. I want something that saves me time or $$ or whatever, not something that adds to my already long list of things I have to remember to program or set up.

I know I'm not alone in this. I have customers who tell me that they need someone they can trust who will help them figure out (fill in the blank). Things are complicated, time is precious, & technology has added another layer of complication to our already busy lives.

That's why a watch that does 10 other things holds no interest for me.

Now if I could find a watch that does laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment