Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ingle's Triple Coupons

14 bags of groceries.
Total before discount: $164.92
Advantage card discount: $17.92
Coupon totals: $46.80

Amount I paid: $100.20

This week I bought lots of stuff that there were no coupons for, ie., produce, grains, etc.

The store on 25N in Hendersonville near my house was packed & the staff was absolutely haggard.

Time invested to use the coupons: almost 4 hours between weeding out the coupon book for expired coupons, clipping & adding the new ones, & shopping (it takes alot longer to shop using coupons).

I'm not so sure it was worth it but then again I really don't like spending money if I know I can get a discount. Also, I haven't updated my book for a couple of weeks now (since the Harris Teeter triple coupon week).

Who am I kidding? Of course I'll keep using the coupons.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the frustration. But think about the fact that you would have paid $164 without all of those coupons.

    $64 = 2.5 (maybe 3) tanks of gas
    $64 = 3 prescriptions (depending on your co-pay)
    $64 = Dinner out

    Just like pennies, those savings add up. Now keep a running total on your blog and see what you have saved at the end of 2009

    ReplyDelete