Saturday, January 31, 2009

L.E.M.U.R League of Energy Materialization & Unexplained Phenomena Research

Heard of it?

This group has been around Asheville since the mid-90's & claim to use scientific method to investigate ghosts, ghostly activity, & paranormal phenomena.

I first heard of them when the Grove Park Inn started marketing the Pink Lady story. Since then I've seen their various videos. A few years ago they investigated the old WLOS building & claim to have the first video footage of the Brown Mountain lights (my personal favorite weird thing around here besides Tom).

Why post about this "fringe" group? I don't know them, have never attended a meeting, & don't know anybody who has. I'm posting about them because I think it's great that the guy (don't know his name) has managed to make a business of what he loves & has managed to be around since 1995. I know how hard it is to run your own company--the unpaid hours of work, the emotional buy-in, the anxiety when times are looking bad. It takes a lot to get a business going & it takes sheer determination to keep it going. Hats off to the creative mind & audacity of creating a business out of something you love, even if it is a little...different.

Maybe one day Randy will open a mobile Star Trek museum. Then I could travel & he could sit around doing this...


Here are some links relevent to this post:

L.E.M.U.R

Grove Park Inn Pink Lady
WLOS (haunted Battle mansion)
Interesting Entrepreneur Article
Brown Mountain Lights

2 comments:

  1. I have long shared a fascination with "ghosts" and the unexplained with the LEMUR folks, Joshua P. Warren being the founder/chief of the group. He has a weekly radio show on AM 570 out of Asheville called Speaking of Strange, Saturdays 8-11 pm, which is a lot of fun.

    They have some limited engagement Friday night investigations going on at Smith-McDowell House on AB Tech campus for the next 3 weekends. I think it's $20 a person for 4 hours, 7-11 pm, and I was at the first night last Friday. Very entertaining.

    Write to the email on their website for details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you've been to one of their investigations : ) I keep meaning to go check them out but something always comes up. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete